Sunday, April 14, 2013

Day 220. Basic instinct


   My mom and I are watching Game of Thrones these days. After seeing Spartacus and The Tudors I'm still amazed by the fact that aggression and sexuality seemed to have ruled the times. I guess Freud would have loved it there. But are we really different nowadays? 
   As a kindergarten psychologist, the major problem I face is kids' violence. It's understandable that at their age they can't react differently, but somehow violence seems to follow us all our life. The only difference is that later on we use it verbally rather than physically. As about the sexual content, I don't even have to try to come up with a song because nowadays all of them are more or less about that. Because that's what sells, right? Then, how can we pretend to be more evolved than those people who bore wars and beheaded men at the first sign of treachery and women who sold their bodies just because they wanted to avoid being poor? 
   It's all the same. We only pretend to be better and wrap it up nicely. Those times freaked me out, but these times freak me out even more because after all this time we're still the same. Are we ever going to change?

No comments:

Post a Comment