Monday, December 17, 2012

Day 102. As the angels sang


   Today I went to see my boyfriend sing in a beautiful Christmas concert performed by the choire he's attending. It's already a tradition for me but the concert doesn't cease to amaze me every year! I almost burst into tears while I was listening to it. They sounded THAT good and they're not even professional singers. 
   At some point while I was listening to the beautiful songs my thoughts slipped to other contexts of my life. And then I remembered... Weeks ago a fellow psychologist told us: "That's our problem. We're not THERE when we should be. We often think about something else: problems that need to be solved, future plans, past experiences. Our mind is in the wrong spot. So let's be here and focus only on what we're doing NOW." And so I did. I went back to enjoying the concert and in the end I left at peace with myself. It was truly an evening well spent:)

Note to self: Be there with your mind too not only with your body!

No comments:

Post a Comment