Thursday, April 11, 2013

Day 217. Philos


   There are books that catch your soul. Books that make you believe they were written exactly for you. They help you find yourself but they also take a part of you when you have to return them to the library. That's when you realize you wished you owned them because you had the feeling you were the first one who ran their fingertips on their pages, catching their very essence. 
    Then you want to forget they took a part of you and you try to replace them with new ones. Some will be boring, some will be close but not there and some will take another piece of you. Because that's what good books do to you. You put a piece of yourself inside when you're reading them and they take it with them when they are returned. That's why we buy books. To keep those pieces of our soul. But what if you can't find them in any bookshops in town? You just borrow some more books and you lend some more pieces of yourself. And you do it willingly because you can't help it. 
   Today "Beautiful creatures" took a piece of my soul. It's bittersweet. When I returned it I felt like a dear friend had moved to a different city. Longing. I felt longing. To hold it in my hands again, to smile while reading it, to learn new things, to find myself in it just like looking in a mirror. "Beautiful creatures" was written for me. That's for sure. And losing a piece of myself isn't making me feel more vulnerable, it's making me feel I am not alone. There is someone out there who writes exactly for me and that feels awesome:)

No comments:

Post a Comment