Sunday, April 7, 2019

The lessons of a 30 year old


   Dear diary,

   For the past 3 years every 7th of April I wrote lessons that I learnt as life went by. This is the fourth year and it's quite a big one: the big 3.0. :) Never in my life growing up I would think about the 30s. I would, of course, see myself married, with children and a happy life but I never tried to think how I would look like or be like in my 30s. Funny thing :) I guess when you're young you live in the now and you think life lasts forever. I still feel young and I'm enjoying this beautiful ride called life, so here's what I learnt in the past year during which my life took some interesting turns :)

1. Don't be afraid of change! It's good to feel comfortable at your workplace, but after a few years you might feel like you need a change and that's totally normal. Don't be afraid to take the plunge! New adventures are awaiting! :)

2. Change might... will be difficult at first, but don't give up! Talk to some friends or family that can support you through the change and keep going! Even if you have to wake up at 5:30 AM and you've never done it in your ENTIRE life, you CAN do it and you WILL get used to it! You can get used to anything! :)

3. There's always at least 1 thing to be thankful for every single day. Even on the bad days! :)

4. You will find you don't want to meet friends or go out as often as you did when you were a student, but that your evenings are just as enjoyable! :) Having a nice candle-lit dinner and then enjoying your favourite TV Show together with your husband make you just as happy :) But that doesn't mean you shouldn't get out of the house at all! Quite the opposite! Keep your friendships alive by seeing your friends in person! :)

5. All your friends are starting to have kids and you are starting to feel ready yourself. Not because of the social pressure but because every child that you see suddenly becomes "your possible child" :D It's a beautiful stage of your life. Enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment