Thursday, April 4, 2013

Day 210. In their shoes

In their shoes

  I sometimes have a problem with putting myself in other people's shoes. For example, it happens when someone around me does something that's really not the way I would do it. Then I start thinking. "Why would he/she want to do that?" And that's where the crazy wave begins. 
   I had a weird day. Add up a long work day, gloomy weather and the fact that a beggar asked me for money and there you have it. Beggars always break me. Because I know I'm supposed to help them, but I can't go over the fact that the majority of them use the money in mob organizations that are meant to fool us all. But then again it's the Lent period and we should help more than in the rest of the year. "What would Jesus do?" I always ask myself. Would He give to everyone who asks or would he distinguish the fake from the real needy ones? 
   I just wish I could put myself in other people's shoes more often before judging. But also, judging a situation makes you take a rational decision which is only psychologically natural. So? Do we give money to all the beggars or is it something in between and we only choose the ones who really look needy? And what about our friends who do things differently than us? Friends are supposed to accept each other, but being so close makes you judge more. Weeeird circle, ain't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment