Sunday, April 21, 2013

Day 227. Promises


  In life there are promises we make to others and promises we make to ourselves. How many times did you promise to be determined and cut the sweets for a while, eat more veggies and exercise? How many times did you really do it? 
   Being a Psychology student I learned to understand that change isn't that easy. That first you have to flirt with the idea, then think about putting it into practice in some months and then really getting to it. Well, today I promised to myself this time I WILL do it. I'll cut the sweets. At first I was brave and said "for a month" but we all know big changes aren't made all of a sudden, so I'm taking it slow: "for a week" should be a good start. My strategy? I hid all the bars I received for my birthday. Not seeing them helps a lot! 
   Let's get this straight. I'm not doing it because I think I'm fat. It's just that lately I've let myself indulge with too much chocolate and I feel I should take a better control of things. Since everybody's talking about how bad sweets really are for our health I'm doing it as an experiment, a game of strength, to see if I can make it. If everything goes well and I do see some changes I'm willing to extend the period. 
   I even monitored drinking 2l of water today. Weeks ago I thought that would be impossible but today I told myself AGAIN: "you can do more than you think you can". And I could indeed! 
   So day 1 went by pretty ok, even though I admit I had moments when I was reaaaally tempted to postpone the beginning of the process. Yet, when I set my mind to something, I do it... so I WILL keep this promise:) 

Therefore, see you in a week;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment