Thursday, April 25, 2013

Day 231. Live and love

Live and love

   My experiment is getting on pretty fine. I didn't have harsh times until today because I was very busy and distracted by work. Nevertheless, I decided to stop it when the week ends (except the part referring to drinking 2l of water/day). You know I over analyse everything. So today I started to philosophically get into this issue.   
   There are people out there who didn't eat something sweet for years. How weird is it to forever forbid yourself to eat a piece of chocolate, pudding or mom's cake once in a while? Why would I do that when I love chocolate? I want to enjoy life not feel misery every time I am at the sweets department in a supermarket (like it happened today). I know that after a while the diet gets to be a way of living and you might not feel the need of unhealthy things as much as you did before, BUT life is short, so why waste it on trying to set boundaries when I can simply take the middle path, accept my needs and rather control them than suppress them? 
   So I choose to live. Live and enjoy. Call me a hedonist, but I do love chocolate. And I didn't know how much I actually did until this week happened. You know, when you lack something you realize how important it is to you. 
   No. Ending the experiment so soon doesn't mean I'm back at square one. This week I learned that I can do more than I thought I could, that I can manage my cravings either by distracting my attention or by replacing unhealthy snacks with healthy ones, that apples can be a good friend and that sweets aren't vital but they make me happy. And feeling happiness is more important to me than feeling frustration. 

   5 days down, 2 days left:) Even if I've already taken a decision, I'm keeping my promise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment