Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Day 145. Niap

late November forest

   Pain is like a spoiled adolescent girl. She's so sneaky that she clouds your mind, willing to make you focus only on her and forget everything else. And if you dare trying to ignore her she will grab your hand and she'll squeeze it so hard until you acknowledge her and you'll do everything you can to put her to rest... and she doesn't like to give up easily. 
   I had a terrible headache today... and a cold. Again. For the third time this winter due to working with kids. I couldn't enjoy anything. I just knew I had to work a lot and get through with it by the end of the day. I wasn't able to really pay attention to the small details that usually make my day. Pain... was frustrating and even though I tried not to pay attention to her, she would always come back angrier and angrier until I collapsed. I thought it couldn't get any worse. I wasn't in the mood for anything else but go to bed, sleep and make it go away. But then I changed my mind and I took THE pill. We always take pills. And although some say it's better without, in my case, it's not. Really. The Pill kidnapped Pain after just a few minutes and I could still hear her scream. I knew she wanted back to me but I smiled in victory. I could go back to finishing my presentation for tomorrow. Big day approaching...

No comments:

Post a Comment