Sunday, January 20, 2013

Day 136. The hunger games

The hunger games

   Life's so tough to keep up with. I wish I would just stop needing stuff and reach a continuous inner peace where feelings not objects are the ones leading my life. That would be me reaching nirvana. Oh how I long for that!
   When you end up satisfying one need, Maslow's pyramid reminds you there is always something ELSE you need and then you end up being "hungry" again... always craving for something. If you have food and shelter, then you aspire towards a good job, a stable romantic relationship or peace within your family. When you have ALL these, you take a step further and you begin needing to be appreciated by the others and be confident. And how do you achieve that? By wanting a make-over. If you're a woman it all becomes very tangled up since you seem to need so many things to make you feel confident. I envy guys, really. They don't even care so much what they're wearing and they don't need earrings, rings and make-up stuff. Don't get me wrong. I love searching for the right "little pieces of me" out there and having that perfect wardrobe that would represent me well. The thing is that our roles continually change. From being a pupil you become a student and then you start working. You feel you grow up and you have different needs. Thus you want to change things around you. And that involves money:) In a consumerist society where you find something on sale at every step, you'll always feel hungry. In the given circumstances, maybe the best option is escaping in the wild... but we all know that's not a viable idea. So I think we have to face the world we're living in and move along with it while playing "The Temptation game" and trying to win from time to time. I have a feeling I'm gonna lose this one. Who knows, maybe I'll win the next.

No comments:

Post a Comment