Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Day 118. Passions that rescue us

Thomas Kinkade calendar, landscape calendar

   No, the title isn't about a situation in which I was rescued by a passion of mine:) It's about the fact that no matter what passion we have be it collecting or doing something, it rescues us from being bored and without purpose. Our passions open up roads and give us perspectives. Many times they also help us expand our social network. Isn't it interesting to know that you're not the only one having that passion, that you can share ideas about it with someone? 
   At the bottom of my passion for calendars is my other passion for photography. Whenever I go in a supermarket at the end/beginning of the year, I head for the calendars section and stare at the variety of colors and shapes that stand in front of me. Then, I pick my favourite ones and turn the pages softly while gazing at the beautiful photos chosen for each month. After I finish doing this I usually want to buy all of the ones I looked at but I don't afford that so I pick just one: the best one. And then I go home happily just like a kid after receiving a candy:) 
   My calendars bring sunshine to my gloomy days. They give me hope and will to go on because of the beautiful world they reveal through photography or written messages. For me they're like therapy:) So in the end my passion saves the day:)

No comments:

Post a Comment