Saturday, January 5, 2013

Day 121. When life gives you lemons

candles in the night

   ... you make lemonade, right? Well, what do you do when life turns off the electricity? You take a romantic bath and read a good book in the candle light:) Exactly what I did today. I didn't freak out when the power went off. I smiled and "I made  myself a lemonade"... and what a relaxing day I had:) The thing is that whenever something unexpected and uncontrollable happens to us, we react just like after pressing "the red button". Does that help us in any way? Sometimes we take it as a challenge and solve the problem. Other times we stress out and enter the denial phase. These are the times when we should calm down, breathe and solve the puzzle the best way we can in the given situation. Was life so bad before electricity? Of course it wasn't. Could people still live, enjoy life, love and be happy without it? Of course! Just look at the people in Downton Abbey TV show. They seem pretty stable themselves:) 
   In another train of thoughts, today I decided my Christmas tree's time has passed so I took down the decorations from the tree and said goodbye to everything related to Christmas. I know some people keep it longer but I felt it had to be today. I realized the Christmas tree without Christmas is just like a tree without leaves. As I took the Christmas balls from the branches I thought about making a list with all the decorations that I put on it. Guess how many there were. 221. Yes. You read it right. It seems a lot, doesn't it? I could have used 10 or 20 more though:) For the next tree I have around 45. 176 decorations left to buy:) I can't waaaait! I even made a "sneak peek" photo for the next December's tree:D 
   So, in the end, whenever life gives you lemons, instead of crying or pouting, remember: Santa's still coming to town next December!;)

No comments:

Post a Comment