Thursday, January 24, 2013

Day 140. The good clothes

fancy girlie look

   This past week I decided to put into practice a quote I've read long ago that said something like "Wear your good clothes now for you don't know the moment when it's going to be too late." It came along with "drink the good wine, go rent that movie you always wanted to watch" and so on. It resonates with the "Carpe diem" saying and it has a profound truth in it. 
   Every day the news is full with accidental deaths and permanent injuries that happen when you least expect. Then why wait for the special holidays of the year to wear your best clothes? I know it sounds rather pessimistic, but I'm taking it this way: If I wait till Christmas, Easter or my birthday to wear that special dress or blouse that I just bought, then my everyday life will be full of the clothes I'm too used to wear but I have to so I will eventually look like just another person who doesn't really want to stand out from the crowd. Well guess what: wearing my good clothes gives me a self esteem boost and it makes me feel more powerful, more beautiful, more womanly. And feeling all that can change your entire day. So, let's choose our clothes wisely and our thoughts even more wisely:

  “You need to learn how to select your thoughts just the same way you select your clothes every day. This is a power you can cultivate. If you want to control things in your life so bad, work on the mind. That's the only thing you should be trying to control.”
 Elizabeth Gilbert           

No comments:

Post a Comment