Friday, January 4, 2013

Day 120. No coincidences

winter path 2012
   
   In the book I'm reading lately a police inspector said that "there is no such thing as coincidence". In the world of crimes he might be right. It's not the first time I hear this expression though. Some say that whenever we meet someone we know on the street or have the same thought as somebody... it's supposed to happen like that. I tend to agree because I believe in "everything happens for a reason". On the other hand, I know some people believe in a universe where everything's made by chance and where our decisions shape our future, but what if that very day I have to meet that very person who changes my life? Or remind me I have to do something? Or invite me to the theatre and that play changes something in my life? What if from time to time we make a big, rational decision without knowing that it's exactly the one we have to make to get to a certain spot and learn a certain lesson? What if there's a girl called Destiny who's reading us the story of our life as we live it? It might be like this: we make our own decisions but we get to the place we are destined to just like having the chance of climbing a mountain through various paths but reaching the same top no matter the path we follow:) 
   I wouldn't mind having a preset of my life because that would only organize me better. I like bringing color to it through my own ways and still going where I have to go, learn the lessons that we all have to learn and reach that final point wisely. If the destiny thing would be real, I just wonder: why is it that some people are allowed to live longer and others so little? In the end, is it our decisions that bring us our death or was it written to be like this? Maybe the answer lies somewhere in the middle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment