Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Day 251. Ups and downs


   Life in a kindergarten is full of ups and downs. You'd say it has to be pretty easy to take care of some kids and teach them some basic stuff about life. If only...
   Today I reached bottom with a class of kids who didn't want to get involved in a contest I had prepared for them. It's not that it wasn't interesting, on the contrary. Each time someone wants to teach them something, they show no respect towards the teacher in front of them. They really behave like savages who are not aware that in a society there are rules that have to be obeyed. No matter how I tried to get their attention, there were always 2 or 3 children who messed everything up and dragged the other kids along with them. 
   I couldn't finish the activity today and I couldn't find any brilliant solution to solve this issue. I felt overwhelmed and it was one of moments when you feel you know so little and that hurts. But by the time I was pondering upon that, some other kids welcomed me in their class jumping on me, hugging me and telling me they love me. My heart melted and then I realized you can't solve all problems around you. Some take more than you can do. It's like wanting to turn a rotten apple into a perfect one. You just can't. All you have to do is accept the fact that you can't help them all. Some don't want to be helped. And the ones who did, begged me to go on with the contest and they are the ones I have to focus on. They make me believe my presence around them matters. But you can't make them all like you, Dana. Just let it go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment