Friday, May 10, 2013

Day 246. The rush


   Today I had the time of my life. Actually, I thought I was being stood up and I paid for a fake workshop. 
   Let me tell you how all this happened. The day started up with a beautiful morning bathed in sun. I had a yummy breakfast while carelessly walking in a foreign city where I only knew one street and Kaufland. So I had to follow some directions to get to the workshop. Of course I got lost at some point. I managed to get there in the end (asking people always helps, even though they sometimes give you weird directions that make you even more confused) and I met this lady who was heading to a course in the same building. I thought we were both going to the same workshop. Until I found myself in the middle of a lot of Hungarian speakers in a workshop/course that had already started. Before the scheduled hour. Hmmmm, something was fishy. I found out my workshop was going to be downstairs. As I arrived there, I looked around and I was amazed to find out.......... nobody was there: not the organizer, nor another person from a foreign city like me... nobody! After waiting for a while I started calling the teacher who was supposedly holding the workshop. She didn't answer on either phone. I waited some more, but I only got more anxious. From then on my mind worked on some movie like interpretations where people were each told a different meeting point and all this was a biiiiig scheme. Well guess what. The thing was that it wasn't starting at 9 like I was told, but an hour later. 
    Yeah, that changes everything. Oh well. I had the time of my life. And I got amused about the negative brain we all have. It likes to make negative interpretations so that it can solve problems. So my brain got me in a huge rush today. I'd rather not repeat the experience:)

P.S. The workshop was awesome today! Can't wait for tomorrow's sequel!

No comments:

Post a Comment