Saturday, May 4, 2013

Day 240. Heaven is a place on Earth


   There are places in this world that make you feel like heaven is a place on Earth. Valea Draganului is precisely one of them. 
   You know, they don't even have to be very special and wow. For me, it's enough if there are different shades of green in spring, leftover pine cones and mountains covered in snow in the distance, the smell of fir trees and a lot of birds singing, just like it was today. 
   Let me tell you what happened. Usually my parents take me to a place in the middle of the nature during the weekends. And sometimes I wish I could just stay at home and watch a movie instead. Today was just like that, but now, at the end of the day, I am thankful for it because we discovered this beauuutiful, new place very close to the Dragan dam where we always go. We were amazed by the fact that in all these years it was right under our nose and we didn't see it. It was so beautiful and I loved it so much there that I decided this was one of the best days of this year! Discovering it filled me with energy that will least for weeks and the joy of having seen a magnificent place God blessed us with.
   The sun was shining and I loved laying on my back and watch the clouds pass and then walk around and enjoy the beautiful scenery while taking pictures. All in all, being there was very relaxing and meditation appropriate. So much that I realized perfection is much less than we think of it. It's not a utopia as long as we believe. And I believe today I reached perfection. Actually the place did:)
   You know, people usually expect to see waterscapes or landscapes in Malaysia, Hawaii or the Alps to call them "pieces of heaven", but you really don't need that to be amazed by nature and by the power of God. It's enough if you go where I went today and see what I saw. Because I'm sure you'd be as amazed and as happy as I was at the end of the day:) 

   So let's try to visit our own country first and be open minded to discovering such little pieces of heaven just like Valea Draganului:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment