Sunday, December 30, 2012

Day 115. I choose to believe


    I meant to write something about the state of complete peace I get whenever I step into a church but during the day I was approached in an unthoughtful manner about my beliefs (and "The nativity story" movie) so I'm writing about my beliefs instead. 
   In this rushing world where the most important thing is having money and enjoying yourself, few are those who still seek God, no matter His appearance. I know we can find plenty of reasons not to believe, be it because we can't see Him, because the facts the Bible describes happened too long ago and they were written by simple people who could have lied or because the priests have hidden some of what was written in order to control us and that some of them are to be ashamed of instead of being a role model for the society they work for. Honestly, I don't care if some of the history written in the Bible is distorted or lacks information. It's enough for me. I choose to believe because it makes me a better person. It makes me feel at peace with myself and solve problems easier. It makes me be confident and give sense to everything that happens to me. I don't have to see God in person to believe He exists. I can feel Him. I choose to believe in Him because of His son and the role model He is for me. 
   I know there are sooo many debatable things regarding christianity but I choose to have my own religion, my own path and believe. I don't go to church every Sunday, I'm not the best human being but I strive. I want to be better. I want to help the others. And today, the priest said that striving helps. So I choose to believe and I want to be accepted for who I am. I want to be shown thoughtfulness instead of being pointed and laughed at. I'm a human being and I do have feelings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment