Monday, December 24, 2012

Day 109. Christmas surprises

Christmas with friends
   
   What a day! Christmas is all about happiness and surprises and this Christmas had a good start. On Christmas Eve my friends and I surprised my aunt and made her happy by singing some beautiful carols to her and I was surprised as well by some amazing people and facts. 
   This night I met two people who made me remember how much I love life. I had a beautiful Christmas dinner with my friends, I got a great present from my Secret Santa (more angels, yaaay!) and meanwhile going caroling with my friends we found a lot of abandoned fir trees (which is really sad) and we decided to adopt one and make it our very own devious Christmas tree which we got to decorate together. One of us didn't have a Christmas tree but did have some Christmas decorations that weren't used for ages. I took it as a sign from Santa. I would have never guessed I'll spend Christmas night decorating a Christmas tree with my friends:) This experience and all the surprises this night had for me were heart warming. On my way home I smiled happily and felt at peace with myself. This Christmas is really the best and I'm loving it!:) 
   In the end it all comes down to how we interpret it. The fact that I achieved to have my very own perfect Christmas tree, the fact that I have the chance to be around my friends and family on Christmas Eve and receive more than I could ever expect is what makes life worth living. And this, my friends, is what Christmas is all about: being taken by surprise, being embraced by the magic of Christmas and the birth of the Saviour. This is what makes Christmas the best holiday of the year:)

No comments:

Post a Comment