Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Day 110. A time of meditation

Christmas day 2012
   
   Besides being a time of joy and pleasant surprises, for me Christmas is also a time of meditation. These last days of the year I ponder upon the year that has passed and, just like Thanksgiving day is for the Americans, Christmas is for me a time to be thankful. I don't know why and how come, but the years of my life keep getting better and better. I keep fulfilling my dreams and that's what makes me want to go on more and more powerful and full of life and hope. 
   So today, in the first day of Christmas, I layed back under my Christmas tree just like kids use to do and I started recalling my last twelve months. I arrived at the conclusion that if God wanted to take me right now, I'd do in peace. I have everything I could want at this very moment so I am at peace with myself. Nevertheless, I wouldn't wanna miss the fun that is yet to come and the beautiful life that awaits: having my own family and owning a dog. I'm looking forward to discovering new paths that God has prepared for me and solve new puzzles that will make me want to strive more and help more people. 
   Another conclusion of my today's reflections is that we have to find the thing what we're best at and then try to help the world with it be it arts, science or anything else. I believe this is our purpose in this world just like Michael Jackson said: "Make the world a better place.", spread the love and be kind to people around us. I wish we'd all stop fighting and trying to be someone we're not and instead find time to find ourselves, the real person within and then try to be the best at whatever we're good at and use our skills for the better of humanity, for the better of this world. It's important to be at peace with ourselves, to accept our fate and to give sense and significance to everything that happens to us... because you know everything happens for a reason. 
   Have you ever felt like missing something even though you still have it? It's what I feel for Christmas. I feel time flowing and I wish it'd just stop. Stop right here right now and let us enjoy all this for as much as we can. But then I remembered. We can bear Christmas within ourselves the whole year. We can be Santa for people around us any time of the year, we can enjoy the good memories Christmas brings and wait with an open heart for the presents God has prepared for each of us. So let's accept the past and the present and look forward with hope and anticipation:)

No comments:

Post a Comment