Wednesday, June 29, 2016

365 days project 2. Day 68. Of travelling and missing Canada


   The world is so much more than your lovely balcony, your wonderfully decorated apartment or your quiet neighbourhood. It's a huge, vast place waiting to be discovered and it's calling for us. It's right there, at an arm's length. It might sound expensive but if you save up and you buy plane tickets early it's all achievable. Really. And once you start travelling you will never be satisfied with just lounging on a chair on your cozy balcony anymore. So many life changing experiences, so many people to meet, so many stories to tell and look back to with utter happiness and that sense of achievement. 
    That's what Canada was to me. A place I only heard and studied about, somewhere far away where the people are very nice and the steaks are delicious. I had no idea it hosts more than 80 nationalities all around the world, that Edmonton would make me feel like I am in Cluj or that the Beaver Creek Farm would be heaven on earth. Little did I know that Jasper and Banff National Parks and their turqoise water and endless, amazing forests would impress me so much, that wild goats and moose would roam freely by the road and that Nelson with all its hippie feeling would make me want to move there. I saw parts of Alberta and BC, I met Oli's cool friends, I found my latest favorite author in an unexpected place, I bought a lot of decorations for my home at a very good price and I attended festivals that will forever be in my memory because of the multitude of nationalities and the colorful vibe I got from them. 
   Canada came when I needed it the most and it forever changed who I am. It made me grow spiritually and it showed me all the greatest things a country can offer: amazing, friendly people, absolutely delicious food, terrific places and unforgettable experiences. As I am writing this the movie of everything that happened for 3 weeks last summer is playing in my mind and I can't stop smiling. They were some of the best 3 weeks in my life right up there to visiting France and Switzerland, Iceland, Czech Republic, Slovakia and Venice.
   Ever since I was little looking at the colorful pages of the atlas my dad bought for me was my favorite activity. I was so impressed to read such interesting things about other cultures that I decided that when I grew up I wanted to travel EVERYWHERE.  I was so hungry to travel the world and meet new cultures, learn valuable lessons from them and become more enriched as a person. And now that the process has started I feel very happy and enthusiastic to travel MORE. My ultimate goal in life is to become wise and help the world and traveling is helping me reach that goal.
    I miss Canada terribly but the best is yet to come. In less than 3 weeks Oliver and I will go in our honeymoon around Italy and Switzerland and I already can't wait to discover the beauty of Tuscany and everything Italy and Switzerland have to offer! Life's so exciting!  

No comments:

Post a Comment