Thursday, June 23, 2016

365 days project 2. Day 62. Finding peace of mind


   In a fast forward type of world where peace seems like a utopia, something adults wish for their birthday and Christmas and a dream achieved only by Buddhist monks, what can we actually do to have peace of mind?
   I thought a lot about this concept today. Of course I'm not a VILC - very important life coacher or some sort of guru. I've studied psychology but that doesn't make me wise. Not yet. So you can take the things I'm going to write about as a nice story to read or you can try to implement them in your life and see if they work. I'm talking purely based on my personal experience.
   I noticed that we talk the talk but we don't really walk the walk when we say we want to be at peace. No, really! Think about it. What have you actually done lately to be at peace? 
   You see, someone wise once said that first you have to be at peace with yourself and only then you can be at peace with the others. There are so many things that upset us, disappoint us, frustrate us or annoy us daily. And when that happens, I don't know about you, but I feel a pressure in my stomach and then I know I am feeling negative energy growing inside me. As much as I don't like the feeling, it helps me take action. Because when I feel that pressure I know something's wrong and I can stop and analyse what has just happened. I think that one important step in achieving peace of mind is trying to find an explanation to what happened, the source of the negative energy. The way we interpret the world brings us closer or pushes us further away from peace of mind. It's normal to not be all sunshine and rainbows every day. Being sad, upset, dissatisfied or frustrated is normal, but wallowing in those negative emotions doesn't help you or the others. Therefore, think about it. What made you feel like that? What can you do to fix the problem so you can be happy again? 
   Another step to reaching peace of mind is accepting what is happening to you. Sometimes some things will upset you but unfortunately you can't control everything. So if you just accept that other people might have different values, interests, needs and desires the world might seem less grim. So, take it as it comes. Don't stress about it, it will only bring negative energy around you. And then you're back to square one.
   Stop comparing yourself to the others. I've said it a thousand times and I'll say it again. You are different, they are different, but we can all live together in a happy world if you start liking yourself more and stop caring about what the others are doing. Are they happy? Good for them! What's stopping you from being happy? Remember, the way you interpret the world will make your day sunny or rainy :)
   Also, I recently read that going out in the nature to take a walk or just to sit down on a blanket and enjoy the view helps your brain relax and brings the wonderful feeling of peace of mind. How amazing is that?
   What are you waiting for? It's summer, go  out in the nature and relax. Peace of mind is sure to follow :) 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment