Monday, June 27, 2016

365 days project 2. Day 66. Take is easy


   This year we want to spend Christmas in Canada and I need a new visa. Pretty easy, right? You gather the papers and you just apply for it. The thing is that when I applied for my first visa last year it took me months to gather the papers and then 8 hours on my birthday to apply for it. So, life just seems like getting more and more complicated whenever I have to solve a problem like this... or more like I tend to complicate my life in such situations. Who said I should apply for a visa on MY birthday? I know, right?
   This year the story repeats itself. I decided I want to apply for the visa now instead of waiting a couple more months in order to avoid the summer holidays. Well, it's enough to tell you that these past 2 weeks have been more stressful for me than planning my own wedding. Today I decided I can't go on like this anymore. Even if I already applied once and everything should be so much easier, something new always shows up and I can't have a lot of question marks and keep being stressed if I don't need to. So I asked for advice and sure enough I was told to wait. What a relief! That's all I needed to hear to be the sunny person everybody knows again.
   My point here is that sometimes we tend to complicate our life so much because we involve a lot of variables that shouldn't be in the equation. We care what other people might say, we plan for the worst, we want to avoid headaches and we march into even bigger issues. In those times we should probably just take a break and ask ourselves if life really is that complicated or we decided to make it so. And if the latter is the answer then we should make a change. And then enjoy a stressfree life again. 
   So, let's take it easy and keep it simple, shall we?

No comments:

Post a Comment