Wednesday, June 15, 2016

365 days project 2. Day 54. The unexpected inspiration


    I never expected a book to make me want to paint again. 
   I've been reading "Paris is always a good idea" by Nicolas Barreau (my newest favorite author that I discovered in Canada) for the past week and every time I immersed myself in the world of the book I felt this deep surge to go buy watercolors and brushes. And today I finally did. The book is very visual and artistic, about this painter woman who paints custom made postcards in watercolors. It's so amazing and vivid that it became my favorite book ever.
   Let me get this straight so you can understand why I am so surprised: I consider myself an artist. I love photography, writing and all those crafty DIY projects but while I was a student in school I always told myself I was not good at painting or drawing. My art teachers were generous with their grades but deep down I knew I didn't have this talent in me so I never tried to paint again after I finished the art classes in high school. I always admired painters but I just knew that I wasn't made for that. Until today. Today I had this huge desire to paint. I followed a video online on how to paint poppies and I painted this. The whole process was very relaxing and cathartic.
   Who knew a book could awaken such feelings inside me? I foresee more painting in my future :) All thanks to my favorite book!

No comments:

Post a Comment