Friday, August 16, 2013

Day 344.The things we take for granted


   Today I rediscovered how awesome the things we have might seem after we lose them for a while. I'm not talking about people but about the things we're so used to in our everyday life that we take them for granted. 
   One of them is health. We don't realize how important it is until we're sick and we recover. Man, feeling healthy again seems like a blessing. Even if it was just a headache that bothered us. 
   Another one is water. We don't acknowledge how vital it is until we're really, really thirsty and we get back home and drink the best glass of water in our life. Right then water seems like the yummiest thing we ever drank.
   Electricity. We've all gone through power outage many times and we all know that if it's longer than 5 minutes we already feel bored. No Facebook, no Youtube, no Tv Shows, no movies of any kind, no games, no TV, no nothing. Not even light for reading. Yep, power is awesome! 
   And the one I experienced today... rest. We don't realize how awesome it is to just sit down and do nothing until we physically worked for many hours. Today I understood how difficult it has to be to physically work 8 hours a day and how tired you must feel when you go home. So the fact that I can work in a kindergarten seems like a  real blessing now.
   We need these experiences in order to understand that we should be thankful. I am thankful today because I am healthy, I have a happy life and I got everything I ever wished for. Minus a dog. But that's gonna happen too, I know for sure. Until then I feel my life is way awesomer now than it was yesterday:) What about yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment