Thursday, August 15, 2013

Day 343. Stay positive


   We read motivational quotes every day on Facebook. Either because our friends share them or because we stumble upon them on different pages. We feel they're true but we only think about them at a metaphorical level and that's where they stay. We don't remember them in everyday life like we do with the 9gag posts or memes. Nevertheless, we keep liking them because we somehow want to be guided by them. "Live a happy life, don't care about the others, go on your own path, stop pretending to be someone else, enjoy life while it lasts" and so on. 
   Today I remembered one of those many quotes precisely because I saw it happening in real life. And then I understood its whole meaning. 


   Sounds pretty cliché, right? But what does that really mean? Why should we surround ourselves with Positive people and not just People in general? Why so much hippie attitude? I'm gonna tell you what I discovered and then maybe you wanna learn from it too. 
   I've been spending some days with some dear friends lately. Some awesome people, full of optimism, good vibe and energy. Artists or generally people who understand art. I've enjoyed myself so much and looking back I know those are the kind of people I want to be surrounded by all the time. Because they bring out the best in me. They make me accept myself just like I am even if I make mistakes. They're not the kind of people to criticize every wrong step. Instead, they help you get back on track while making you smile or they ignore your mistake knowing that you'll learn from it either way. They see life as a gift and they enjoy every little thing that could brighten their day, be it a yummy soup, a good concert or drinking a beer while you're sitting on the pavement. Surely, they have reasons to be unhappy. The society we live in is not perfect, but they know that they shouldn't pay attention to that if they want to live a happy life.  
   And then I came home. Here I have different type of people surrounding me. The kind of people who call themselves "realistic". The ones who think about every little thing that could go wrong before starting an action, the ones who criticize and judge people around them. The same ones who think that life is a burden and it would be better if we moved to a different country in order to live a decent life. They make me feel uncomfortable and indirectly they make me think like they do even if that's not who I wanna be. But they are the ones who surround me every day, so it's hard to think differently. I'm not happy when I'm around them and I feel I'm not accepted so I have moments when I can't wait to get away from them. 
   So here it is. Here's how positive and negative people can make you feel and this is why you should choose to be surrounded only by positive people. I know, sometimes you have to live with the negative ones cos they're family, but try to accept them and still be you. Listen to their opinions but live life your own way. In the end that's why it's called YOUR life:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment