Monday, August 19, 2013

Day 347. Get ready, set, go!

zacusca de ciuperci 2013

   Today I was reminded that summer is not all about having fun and making nice memories. It's also about preparing for the winter to come. And this involves a lot of work and sweat. My dad told me that "if you want to be happy during winter, you gotta work a lot during summer." And so we did. 
   Preserving vegetables for winter is a tough process that seems never ending. Especially if you're part of a family who eats a lot during winter. It was certainly another test for my patience. I might have lost a battle or two, but I think I won the war.
   My lesson after all this is that even if you don't like some things, they gotta be done. And working now means happiness after. So it's better to be the ant than the grasshopper. Always.

No comments:

Post a Comment