Sunday, March 13, 2016

365 project 2: Day 7. Farewell


   Today my phone's camera died. Just like that. All of a sudden and without any hope of revival. I never knew I had been so connected to my cellphone until I started feeling physical pain in my stomach at the thought of having lost my ability to take photos. You might not get this. I take photos every day. To things that are inspiring or interesting and I want to remember. No, I'm not addicted to my phone, I'm not obsessed or crazy if I don't hold it in my hand 24/7. It's just that, as an artist, that camera was like an extra limb. But even though, my reaction was definitely unexpected. I literally felt sick until I realized that no matter what I do I can't save my phone and I need a new one. Did this ever happen to you? It's weird, isn't it? 
   Years back we didn't even have a cellphone. I had my first one in 11th grade. That would make me around 17 years old. I never cared how my phone looked like or how "intelligent" it was, I just needed to be able to call people here and there. Until I discovered the world of photography and phone cameras became better and better. You'd say taking photos with your phone is such a poor choice of "an artist". I'll correct you. Sometimes my phone took better photos than my camera. So I started appreciating it more, using it more for my random snaps and for other memories. 
   I have a feeling I'm not the only one really connected to their phone. Maybe you like certain apps, some like to play their usual games, others use it to connect to their friends. Either way, one thing's for sure: in 2016 we're way more connected to our phones than we used to be. Is it bad? Is it good? Who can be the judge of that? 
   After 3 years of friendship I'll say... Farewell, dear friend! You were really appreciated! 

No comments:

Post a Comment