Sunday, March 27, 2016

365 days project 2: Day 21. Before and after


   Before I was expecting to celebrate my surprise bachelorette in Sibiu or Brasov... or even Turda for some odd reason. After I found out I'm actually going to Venice, the whole internet saw my super happy reaction.
   Before I was eagerly awaiting for the honeymoon in Italy in 4 months time, now, after I went to Italy waaay sooner than expected and tasted the Italian vibe, I am looking forward to the summer getaway with a huge grin on my face because I know exactly what I'm going to find. I don't care if Bologna, Florence, Pisa, Milan or Genoa are going to be full of tourists, the architecture and the wonders of Italy will definitely take my attention away from the crowd. Yes, I know for sure Italy is not going to be Prague. 
   Before I thought Venice might be too overrated, now I know it's exactly what the pictures show on the internet and so much more. Definitely not overrated, worth seeing by ANYONE.
   Before I thought Cluj was the best home for me and I would always miss it when I was away for more than a week, now, after having seen Venice I realized this is my second home, the place I'd always return to with love and anticipation, knowing I don't need thrills or special activities to feel at home there and that just wandering around its little streets would be enough. 
   Before I thought I hated the sea, now I know the sea can be breathtaking if it's close to a very beautiful city. The buildings in Venice have raw history in them, they have witnessed so many stories, so many people passed them by, they have a unique beauty that makes you want to keep wandering on the canals and watch them... before and after the sun sets.
    Before I was smart, after seeing Venice I became wise. Just a little bit.
    Before it didn't sink in that I am actually going to Venice, now, after coming back I can't wait to go back. I miss its streets, its canals, its gondolas, its random kind grandpas, the addictive food in Antica Trattoria Poste Vecie and even the cheap wine we drank together, the book shops, the people, the feeling of bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment