Monday, March 21, 2016

365 days project 2: Day 15. One year


   Today it's exactly one year since Oliver and I moved in together and my feelings are 180 degrees opposite from what they were 365 days ago. 
   I was crying after my parents left. I realized I will no longer live with them, under the same roof, ever again. So even if we had phones and skype and visits, it would never be the same. I wanted this move for at least 10 years and when I finally got it I realized what it actually meant and tears formed in my eyes. Sure, we've been through highs and lows with my parents but they were always my best friends and this time I was completely on my own. Ok, maybe sharing everything with Oliver, but they weren't there to help me with absolutely everything. I wasn't afraid that I didn't know how to cook (God knows I love doing that even though years ago I saw cooking as a MUST not as a passion), or that I didn't know how to wash clothes, dishes and clean my home (my parents taught me that plenty of times) or not even that I don't know how to fix things because I knew the internet had the answers to anything and my dad was just a phone call away. I was ready to fly away from the parental nest, but the emotional side of it has never occured to me until I actually saw myself closing the door behind my parents. It hurt. But it was bittersweet, you know? Because I knew my life was just beginning and I was VERY excited to finally live it according to my own rules, without any sort of boundaries or curfews.
   And so it was. I had this apartment in front of me, this little part of Cluj that reminded me so much of my buni and my childhood years, all my giggles and games I played with my brother, and these memories gave me more enthusiasm to really make this place mine... ours. Since I always loved interior design and I had a file in my computer full of photos for inspiration for my own home I started putting into practice all those ideas I always loved. I handcrafted some decorations, I put an artistic touch all around the apartment and I realized I really loved seeing butterflies and owls everywhere and that's how the apartment became known as the Butterfly Home or rather The Owl Residence. I now have a lot of butterflies and all shapes of owls (including a candle) around and many, many candles in the big room. I can truly say that this year has helped me decorate my dream home, that place that makes me feel relaxed and in my own element every time I step inside. A vase with fresh flowers always by the entrance, the fluffy pillows on the sofa, the Klimt painting on the wall and lately the leafy curtain are everything I need to feel at HOME. Ah, home, what an amazing feeling!
   Oli and I were the best team starting day 1. We have always worked very well together and we are very good at planning dishes, parties, cleaning and washing and whatnot. We see each other mainly in the evenings and during weekends, but that's the normal standard nowadays anyway so we compensate by random love messages throughout the day. This way we keep the love and passion alive. Love, such a humble yet amazing feeling! I don't think I could have lived away from Oliver for much longer and this move has definitely turned us into husband and wife even before the actual wedding. One year later and we're still a great team, we love each other more and more (and I'm not just saying it because it sounds good, I swear!) and I'm more sure than ever that this move has been the best decision yet. I am definitely the happiest woman alive! 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment