Monday, March 25, 2013

Day 200. Enjoy it while it lasts

Violets in her hands

   I called her to tell her I'm hungry. Yeah. I still do that sometimes. She was waiting for me looking out the window. When I looked up and I saw her, I instantly smiled and waved. It's a thing we do when we wait for each other to come home:) And as I got closer to the block of flats I took a good look at her while smiling: "She's so awesome, my best friend and my confident, my tv shows mate and my role model. I'm so happy to have her. To look at her and know she's there. Still there. I love her so much" I thought to myself melancholically. 
   I wanted to get inside the block of flats when my eyes stopped on a death announcement. A neighbor of ours died. He was only 58. And there it was. Capital letters. "Loved FATHER and HUSBAND." Father. Father. He died. "Wow. Now I really feel lucky she's still with me. Cos she's the best mom one could have. She's... MY mom":)

No comments:

Post a Comment