Sunday, March 3, 2013

Day 178. It's all about the journey

Picking snowdrops in spring Cluj Romania

   ... not the destination, they say:) Today my family and I made a new step in our family tradition journey:) We went in the search of spring. And we found her:)
   We chose a different spot this time. One that we visited 4 years ago. Interestingly, we remembered details that helped us arrive exactly where Spring was laying in the woods. But today we took a new road, different than last time. Are you afraid of the new? I am, too. But I trust my dad. He has a good spatial orientation:) So our team began its walk towards the lonely woods, towards patches of snow and mild wind. When entering the forest an intense feeling of peace and joy caught me completely. I felt I was there and then. And nothing else mattered. 
   We continued our journey while gazing around and enjoying the sun embracing us through the trees. In the end we arrived at the destination. Snowdrops were peaking at us from everywhere. They were here and there, in the valley and on the little hill. But they were shy. Still not prepared to fully blossom. We carefully picked some and then we took some photos of us. I promised I'd frame one of them because we should forever remember today. This perfect spring day that God bestowed upon us:) 
   The road home made me smile once more because I realized all this journey helped me find myself, the same feeling I have after visiting a church. I really felt I connected with everything around me. I breathed spring, I let her come around me and enter my lungs, my heart, my everything. I feel complete. Right here, right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment