Thursday, March 7, 2013

Day 182. Unplugged


   I don't know about you, but I think too much. I think before sleeping, while trying to sleep, after waking up and still in bed, on the way to work and so on and so forth. I just wish my dad was right.    
   Once upon a day when I was little and trying to sleep, he told me how sleep happens: "our brain is like a big room full of plugs", he said. "And little ants in that room unplug everything before you sleep. They shut it down." (Even if we all know our brain isn't dead while sleeping it seemed pretty accurate at the time). Well, I want the same, but during the day:) I wish I had the ability to unplug myself from thinking too much. I wish I'd just be there completely and stop analyzing little details that don't matter so much. I wish I'd just take things as they come and let them solve themselves... the little ones, I mean. I'm just too OCD sometimes: wanting to control everything around me and be sure I'm prepared for any kind of situation I might face. It tires me. I wish I'd just be there and then and not the girl who knows it all, who's thought about it all. Ok, I might have various solutions to a problem or I might find solutions faster when I have to because I'm training my brain every day, but sometimes you just want some peace. You just wanna fall asleep in minutes, not in half an hour:)


No comments:

Post a Comment