Thursday, March 28, 2013

Day 203. Sickness all around


   Today I woke up with a dreadful feeling that something was off. I wanted to sleep some more, turn down my meeting with a difficult mom and draw the curtains so I wouldn't have to see another cityscape full of snow that would melt in some hours only to be back on track in the evening. 
   But I didn't do all those. Instead, I got up grumpily, put on some clothes and left to work. A terrible headache accompanied me for the whole day and between meeting with worried parents and talking to problematic kids, all I could see was sickness. Sickness all around me. And it's all so weird because at the beginning of the school year I was so happy and lively and played with healthy kids all day long and now all I seem to do is watch the problematic kids and try to make them behave or talk to the parents who don't seem to listen either way because they think their kid is always a victim, never an instigator. 
   I'm sick and tired of all this sickness. Of all the problems kindergarten kids have. You'd believe they're perfectly fine at this age, lacking a little bit of self regulation and that's all, but no. Sometimes I really feel like I'm surrounded by little animals who roar around me. Little animals who don't understand rules and whose only purpose is playing... which is natural. So I guess I have some issues too or maybe it's just the illusion of working with solving problems all day long. In the end psychologists are some sort of doctors too. And doctors cure. But before curing you need sickness. So in the end sickness is a natural state of being. I only wish our "pills" would have everlasting effects like doctors' do:)

No comments:

Post a Comment