Thursday, February 14, 2013

Day 161. Down memory lane

Frozen young love

   Here we are, the controversial V Day is here. Half love it, half hate it. I personally don't need a special day to reassure my loved one of my feelings. We're not cliche. We're celebrating 3 years and a half instead and that's something. Way better than exchanging plushies and heart shaped candy. Even though, I admit that the idea of this special day is very cute since it's called after Valentino, a priest of Rome who was marrying couples even if he wasn't allowed to do it. So he was indeed the messenger of love and this day should remind us of true love, young love, that kind of love that lasts forever. Unfortunately, the society we live in commercialized it and it's now all about gifts, hotel rooms and red underwear. That's why I decided not to celebrate it. 
   I couldn't help going down memory lane though. Today I opened my chest of treasures. I found old letters and memories that reminded of who I was years ago, my hopes, dreams and love stories back then. I realized that my past prepared me for meeting my true love. Before him my life was a continuous roller coaster of falling in love and breaking up, but every past boyfriend wrote some lines in my book that helped me understand who I am and what I'm looking for. I realized that you can have beauty, but not wisdom. You can receive "I love you"s but not feel them back, you can have protection, but not a best friend to share everything with. So this is how I know I found the one. My best friend, my lover, the one that makes me feel complete. 
              
                     I love you, baby!:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment