Saturday, February 2, 2013

Day 149. Revive

Gerbera houseplants

   I don't know about you but I've never been good at caring for houseplants. They need a lot of attention. Each of them is special in its own way and you have to be careful how much you water them and so on.
   So you can imagine how frustrated I was when one of the few houseplants that I received and LIVED has been bent down and broken by accident. I loved my little begonia and her yellow flowers... now she has just two leaves left. 
    ... I know, what an unimportant issue that seems to be while students aren't passing their exams and people are dying out there of cancer and other serious illnesses... It surprised me too. I didn't think I'd react like that, but that little begonia was like my child... and now she's almost dead. That got me from frustration to sadness. I didn't lose my hope yet, though. I'm going to take good care of her remaining two leaves and hope she'll be just like a phoenix raising from her ashes:) 
   I decided I have to be more careful since every action we do has its own consequence around us, just like a little pebble thrown away in a lake. 

    “The thing about real life is, when you do something stupid, it normally costs you. In books the heroes can make as many mistakes as they like. It doesn't matter what they do, because everything works out in the end. They'll beat the bad guys and put things right and everything ends up cool.
In real life, vacuum cleaners kill spiders. If you cross a busy road without looking, you get whacked by a car. If you fall from a tree, you break some bones.
    Real life's nasty. It's cruel. It doesn't care about heroes and happy endings and the way things should be. In real life, bad things happen. People die. Fights are lost. "  
- Darren Shan


No comments:

Post a Comment