Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Day 159. The bright side

Bokeh dream

   These days I've been having some awesome dreams, not the kind I usually do. These ones are like one long story, easy to understand and interpret. Nothing complicated or twisted, no fear involved, no one wanting to harm me. Actually I was a leader and I had to choose my teammates to achieve some purpose. I was assessing their skills in various ways and I found out they were all very smart and I was proud of that. Looking back, I'm not sure I dreamt all those or actually imagined it while being feverish and not being able to sleep. I'll never know. 
   Then, another strange thing that's been happening to me while feverish was that I saw things that weren't supposed to be there... shapes and shadows were forming human faces, some of them of people everybody knows. I've seen Bob Marley, how sick is that? This usually happened right before going to sleep, when my room was sinking in partial darkness and a whole series of shadows began to show up in front of my eyes. I was actually enjoying this, you know? I guess I was feeling high.
    But the thing is that after starting to take antibiotics, the fever dropped and the awesome dreams stopped and so did my other power no matter how much I tried to bring it back. The magic is gone now.
   So maybe there was a bright side in all this sad, sad story of me being sick again. Maybe fever was a good thing after all since it made me more creative. Who knew? 

No comments:

Post a Comment