Thursday, February 21, 2013

Day 168. Stand up

bold spring violets

   Now and then we have to make some tough decisions that we'd rather avoid making, hoping that way the problems would solve themselves. But we all know they don't. Instead, they just pile up and make us feel worse and worse each time we face them. 
   After talking to various people who all told me I am right for thinking about making this decision, I am changing my family doctor. My last sickness that brought us together revealed to me that her behavior towards her patients is definitely not appropriate and that I have the right not to accept to be treated like that. My friends made me realize we're not living in a totalitarian system anymore and that I can stand up for my rights. Choose differently. Better. That's the problem with most of us. We choose to stay in bad relationships because we think we deserve them or maybe because we're afraid there's never gonna be something better out there.... that they're all the same. But NO! They aren't. People are made to be unique and that means you don't have to settle down for mediocre. So I found a better doctor already and I'm moving forward even if it's a bit uncomfortable. Changes can be that way. But I'm thinking about my future: Do I want to be afraid to go see the doctor whenever I feel sick? Do I want to be misunderstood and not know what sickness I have or how to treat it? No, I don't, so I stand up and move on. There's always better out there. Don't settle down for mediocre! 

No comments:

Post a Comment