Saturday, February 23, 2013

Day 170. Let it spring

She is spring

Dear diary,
   
    Today I was eagerly waiting to go meet her. I wasn't sure she would be waiting for me, but she sent me some signs these past days so I kept my hopes up:) The city is not hers yet so I went to the forest and started looking for her between the trees, through the dead leaves, in the air, everywhere. I was patient enough and after some time I did. I found her. She was very shy, well hidden and barely wanting to be discovered, but there she was: in the snowdrop buds showing up through the leaves, in the sun shining warmly, in the smiles of relaxed people. 
   Winter's gone. Or at least she has her luggage done. So I took Spring by the hand and I welcomed her. I hugged her dearly and I told her I'm going to take care of her from now on. Try to keep her happy. We all like sunny days, don't we? 
   I even had a room make-over at home. I put away all the wintery stuff and made place for touches of spring. And snowdrops are now my most precious jewelry. There they stand as I'm writing to you:) They're smiling at me because we both know I'll be born again this spring. 
   I can't wait for her arrival in the city, to walk with her and catch up just like old friends do:) ... I feel like a teenager... Maybe that's the effect she has on me and I'm willing to accept it as a part of who I am because every time she's around I'm being myself again:) So let it spring!:)

Love,
D.

No comments:

Post a Comment