Thursday, February 7, 2013

Day 154. Trust issues


   Even if I'm almost 25 I still have some bits left from childhood... like the naivety of believing people are generally good. If I see someone who shows kindness and/or affection towards others, including me, I start trusting them. I trust they are good people who are here to make this world a better place. But today... I found out otherwise.
   A person I met months ago and who seemed so very warm hearted and kind, who helped me and always spoke nicely to me has been doing some illegal stuff. I was shocked when I found out. She really didn't seem like the type. Of course, saying "I'm doing VERY well" every morning when I asked her "How she was" gave me an idea something was fishy (since you can't be in a perfect condition every single morning for months) but I thought it was just me. 
   So here's how I found out I have to let go of my childhood belief of blindly trusting people around. I'm not sure I want to be cautious every time I meet a new person from now on but in these past months of working I found out people can be really mean and not worthy of my trust. So maybe trust has to be earned in time, not immediately and maybe, just maybe, people ARE born good but turn bad because they want to get rich, be powerful or feared. Who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment