Sunday, February 10, 2013

Day 157. Winner's illusion

Shadow of a lie

   Last night was going to be another white night and I knew it, but guess what: this time I was able to sleep in a couple of hours. Fever still fought to take me over but I wasn't willing to give up. I discovered a way to take away my back pain and during the day, after tons of tea, fruit, cold compress and staying under the warm blanket... I opened my eyes to a new me. A seemingly healthier me. Not feeling feverish, not complaining about being sick. Everything looked bright. I even considered going to work tomorrow until... She showed me it was still too early to announce my victory. The flu was wearing a black mask that had me thinking I was ok. 
   Not being able to take a mere shower hurts. Trembling like hell while overdressed hurts as well. So I'm back in bed and I'm taking it from square one. Silly, silly me. She'd never give up so soon because she's stronger this time. I need to be just as strong even if that means giving up on something. Bring it on.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment