Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Day 279. Great expectations


   It was one of those mornings when you wake up more tired than you went to sleep. I wanted to just curl in my bed all day, sleep and watch something, read my book or sing. But instead I had to go to work. 
   At some point today I realized that every day of our life is based on expectations. Not the "looking forward to" feeling. No. We expect something to happen. We plan it that way. And if it doesn't turn out the way we want it, we become frustrated thinking that they are all the ones to be blamed when, instead, our thoughts are the wrong variable in the equation. I realized that if I just stepped back and let myself disengage from the expectations that aren't achieved or better yet, from any kind of expectations and I just take life as it comes minute by minute, everything seems brighter around me. I actually tried it and not only that I wasn't sad anymore, I could actually focus on something else. Something much more important. And in the end this is what saves us. Being able to shift our attention from things that are uncertain to things we know for sure. 
   Another big issue comes to surface when we expect something to happen but an exterior factor turns everything down. What do we do then? Do we become frustrated again or do we use all our resources to change our plans? It's up to us. Our whole life is up to us. It's exactly like they say it: Life isn't complicated. We complicate it giving it all sorts of wrong interpretations and over analyzing it. So let's be "expectless" and take it as it comes. Minute by minute:)

No comments:

Post a Comment