Thursday, June 6, 2013

Day 273. Who am I?


   Is it possible to rediscover yourself in the middle of your life? To accidentally find something that's been there all the time but you haven't noticed? ... Hmm? Is that possible? 
   How come I haven't seen it until now? Oh, I know. I've been buried between rules, regulations and laws of all sorts. I've been blinded by the need of obeying them all. I don't know anybody who's as literal as I am when it comes to doing that. And I just realized I might have had something to lose. I might have just denied the real ME in all this situation. 
   I've always been the one THEY wanted me to be but I've never been too brave to admit that I might have been different. I was always the good girl who never wanted to stand out. The one everyone mocked and everyone tried to avoid. So where did that lead me? 
   Today I rediscovered lost bits and pieces of me. It's not something totally different than I am now since this is my personality and the temperament I was born with, but I discovered I have the ability to speak up my mind, and make myself heard. And I don't know why I haven't used that piece of information until now. I guess that's what limiting yourself means. And that's even worse than the limits they set for you:) 
   Oh well, better late than never. There's still time to accept this new part of me:) And I have a feeling it might come in handy sometime:)

No comments:

Post a Comment