Sunday, November 18, 2012

Day 73. Lovestruck

Vintage clock with flowers

   I looked up the title in the urban dictionary. It fits perfectly for how I felt today. Not related to a person, though. It's related to the amazing, beautiful clock in the picture above. I met "him" in a hypermarket here in my town and I fell in love with it. I knew I had to get it. The price was extremely convenient as well but then... I took a minute and I started thinking: "Where would I put it? It doesn't fit with the rest of my room. It doesn't necessarely fit in my office at the kindergarten. I don't have my own place yet... It would definitely fit in a romantic kitchen with lots of plants. Nevertheless, I don't own that kitchen yet." So I eventually decided I had to break up with the idea of purchasing the clock. I had regrets and I've been thinking about it ever since I left the store... I still really want to have it. I can't explain why. I just know I do... and one day I will have it.
   This happens to us all the time. Walking around window shopping and suddenly laying our eyes on something extraordinary. That's when we know we're lovestruck. And we can't rest until we buy that amazing thing. Do we really need it right then? Of course we don't. But something inside us is yelling: "That's ME, that's exactly what I would pick if I looked for that. I want it! I want it now!" And maybe there should't be any second thoughts because it's so rear the chance when you find something as extraordinary as that. Be it shoes, accesories, clothes, books, decorations, furniture or many other things. 
   If you take the decision to follow your brain instead of your heart, just like when you fall for a person, your heart won't rest until you get what you want. So, forget the brain and follow your heart. You probably won't find that particular thing when you'll be looking for it and having the chance of finding it all of a sudden, when you least expect... that gotta be destiny:)

No comments:

Post a Comment