Thursday, November 8, 2012

Day 63. The beginning of a purple winter

purple sparkly Christmas balls

   There are only 45 days left til next Christmas:) This year it's gonna be a purple winter for me and I've been planning this since last year so I'm really excited about it!:)  
   Christmas is definitely my favourite holiday of the year but usually the most beautiful part of it aren't those proper 3 Christmas days since they pass so fast you can barely feel them but the "I can't wait for it to be here", the preparations part, the shopping spree for gifts and decorations:) The thing is that we feel those 3 days differently at different ages and as we grow older we lose the sparkle within and we start seeing Christmas as a necessity. 
   So this year I realized it's exactly the shopping spree that makes me all warm and fuzzy inside no matter the age, the going in the supermarkets and fairs and looking for the proper decorations. This is what gets me in the Christmas mood. This and, some days, the winter air that announces it. 
   You'd say that all these are the wrong reasons for liking Christmas. I know. I've been there, I've done that. But in the end it's not "how it should be" that matters, but "how YOU feel it should be". Christmas is such a beautiful holiday that is not worth it spending the days before it feeling guilty for liking the Christmas decorations more than singing carols. I love carols but, let's face it, they're "stronger" when you're a child. So let's just keep the inner child within and upgrade our love for Christmas in the way we know best. For me, it's all about making my room pretty for those 3 days that pass so fast:)

So let the Christmas shopping spree begin!:D

No comments:

Post a Comment