Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Day 320. Getting in the mood


   An awesome thing is awesome only if you're in the right mood for it. Otherwise, it's just plain boring. This is why I tend to postpone things that I need or want to read or watch till I'm totally up to it. I might upset one or two people, but that's how I know I'll enjoy them the most. 
   How do you get in the mood for something? Can you always get in the mood when asked to? How about getting in the mood for things like work or study? 
   It's been a while since I'm studying for this summer's exam and lately I'm feeling more and more out of the right mood for it. So the only thing that works for me is finding something to motivate me. Yep. A reward. It all goes down to classical conditioning. I admit, sometimes I give myself the reward before studying (some say it's a biiig mistake) but in the end people are different and we all have our twisted way of getting in the right mood for something. So why not take it easy and know that when we get there we enjoy it fully rather than force ourselves to do something when we don't want to? 
   Take a break. Have a Kit Kat:) Or a piece of cake:)

No comments:

Post a Comment