Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Day 54. Perfection vs Excellence


summer daisy


   I've always been a perfectionist. My father instilled it into me. Always to take the highest grade, to study and be the best, to make the best out of everything. I bet some of you have been raised the same. 
   Today I met someone just like me and I remembered how even now, while being a psychologist, I still want to make everything perfect. I am aware I can't being still at the beginning but I can't help feeling disappointed with myself from time to time because I know I could do better but I don't know how. 
   The lack of experience in the working field makes me have a low self esteem (and it hurts like hell) but the good thing is that I never give up. I want to know more, to get better. Maybe this is the case for reaching excellence:) So maybe, just maybe wanting perfection is a good thing. 
   Nevertheless, there are some irrational thoughts behind and I KNOW they have to be put away, but boy, that's so hard... 

Note to self: You'll never be able to reach perfection so just settle for doing your best with what you have:)


No comments:

Post a Comment