Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Day 48. A few pages a day


Daniel Keyes book

   ... keep boredom away:) No matter where I go, I always keep a book in my bag. You never know when you'll end up having to wait. And on top of it, I have a pretty long way towards work so guess what I am doing every morning on the bus:) 
   One one hand there are the people who wonder why I'm doing it when you could simply sit and chill until you reach your destination but on the other side there are the peek-ers:) They are so curious what you're reading that they turn their head to the left or to the right to read the title. I smiled in my mind at the thought of their reaction to the title of my last book: "I'll kill myself some other time" :)) I guess that sounded interesting enough:) 
    Today, while waiting to get checked by my physician, I read. I knew I was going to have to wait so I smiled at the thought of reading (it helps if you really like the book, otherwise it's a drag). You could see the difference. People around me were getting nervous and were starting to complain about having to wait for so long. Right then I felt blessed. I had a book with me. Something to save me from boredom. Something to make me dream wild and forget about everything else:)



No comments:

Post a Comment