Thursday, July 7, 2016

365 days project 2. Day 76. Travelling with(out) objectives


   Our honeymoon is in 2 weeks and today I reminded myself that I should look into what there is to see in the cities we are visiting: 7 Italian cities in 11 days. Pretty intense, huh? So intense that it seems impossible to actually enjoy those amazing new cities if I make lists of things to see.
   At the end of the day what's best? Having a to do list you found online and leaving home with expectations that will or won't be met, run from one objective to the other and at the end of the day be happy just because you can cross them all out... or just allowing yourself to explore them at your own pace, stop when you am in awe and enjoy the true vibe of the city wherever that might be? Hmmm...
   I never liked having a preset schedule when I went travelling but on the other hand I don't want to be oblivious to the absolutely MUST SEE sights in a city either. So? What's the answer? Probably, just like in any case: a little bit of both:) Yes, be aware that in X city you can see Y, but I don't think you should make it a MUST. If you have time and you really want to see that objective, then go for it, but if you somehow happen to stumble onto something very amazing that takes your time and makes you really happy, there's always next time, isn't it? 
   Life should be taken slowly... and travelling as well. I love seeing everything there is in a new city, but sometimes all I need to do is slow down and just breathe in the whole atmosphere of the city and let it guide me towards its wonders:) Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment