Wednesday, July 13, 2016

365 days project 2. Day 82. Born to be Norwegian


   My best friend is moving to Norway in less than a month. She wanted to do this for as long as I know her (and that's a lot of time). Everybody kept telling her to do something she loves here, in Romania. Others, myself included, said she should go visit the country first and then see if the wish is still as strong. Guess what? It got even bigger. 
   Nobody ever understood why Julia wanted to move all the way up North. Why Norway? Why not Spain or The Czech Republic she has already lived in? Why... THERE? Because she belongs there and she was born to be there. One of their people. 
   I've never seen anyone more eager to achieve her dream than Julia. Even when she was raising money for her first Norway trip she was very organized. She didn't want to spend money on little everyday pleasures. 'I'm going to Norway!' she used to say. 
   I admit. At first I was just as baffled as everyone else. I couldn't relate with her feeling because I've never been there and the only things I knew about Norway were that it has fyords, Northern Lights and the best educational system in the world. But slowly I started to learn more. And then I began to understand Julia's love for Norway. It's pretty easy, really. 
   I told myself many times that if such a thing as multiple lives exists, I surely lived in Egypt in one of my past lives because I love everything about Egypt. And that's what Norway is to Julia. Something you can't explain, a calling that is beyond words or feelings, beyond the place where you were born and all the people you know and love there. A mesmerizing force of attraction towards a place that's YOU, completely and utterly YOU. 
   People will judge you no matter what you do. But when you have the power to say 'I'm going to Norway!' when the whole world stands against you, that's what I call courage and determination to follow your life dream no matter what. And look at her now! She really IS moving to Norway! :) I'm so proud of her! My sister is accomplishing her dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment