Wednesday, July 6, 2016

365 days project 2. Day 75. My artistic journey


   Yesterday I told you how art saved me from being bored. Now I want to tell you how I grew to love art and what I discovered today:)
   My artistic journey started when I was a teenager... mmm... around 14. I was writing poems. They were veeeery cheesy and somehow childish. But they were me. And I loved writing them. In highschool I was advised to start a profile on deviantART to exhibit my photography and I'm very proud to say that is when my artistic path has really started flourishing. I learned so much from various artists on that website and I feel I grew very much. I loved macro and landscape photography and I experimented a lot with those two fields. At the end of high school I started writing short prose. Then during university I attended a literary circle and I improved my writing skills. That was another wonderful phase. I learned to appreciate literature and my writings. I learned to trust my inner feeling and to just write about anything that feels worthy sharing. Later on I tried making my own earrings, I was into quilling and lately I am very inspired to paint. 
   And that's how I got to today when I wanted to surprise a good friend who loves panda bears. I've never painted them before and I needed some practice but I am pretty happy with the result. I discovered while practicing painting that art is not about following rules like maths. Art is about feeling not about precision, it's important to set yourself free and just paint with your soul and then the hand will do the rest. I didn't know I would ever be passioned about painting, but you live and learn. And art will always find a way to express itself in creative people. Who knows what's next? I can't wait to be surprised :)

No comments:

Post a Comment